Thursday Thirteen 41: Summer
1. Bees drunk on the perfume of
2. wide-open blossoms,
3. Clouds that accumulate into gigantic sailing ships
4. That capsize and pour relief onto the still afternoon heat
5. And the dripping from one leaf to the next of those lingering drops
6. That evaporate after the last fall from the last leaf,
7. The sounds through open windows of tables being set
8. And ice dropped into tumblers full of cold tea,
9. The smell of boxwood from the front porch
10. And slow walks along shady paths,
11. The sounds of insects wakening to night,
12. The smack on the water of the beaver's tail--
13. Hello? Beware? We know you are here.
I love these things.
More at Thursday Thirteen