Thursday Thirteen 53: Why I Love Halloween
My daughter's birthday at the end of this month heralds the season of crinkling wrapping paper that doesn't end until the first blissfully silent fall of snow in January. One birthday seems to follow another after a holiday until all of this comes to a halt on Christmas and the following week of, "I can't believe I forgot to...."
By the time it's over, I remember why I so much love Halloween:
1. Everybody is included in a party
2. I which the pure spirit of play permeates everything.
3. Costumes reflect the wildest dreams of the children wearing them,
4. As they receive the wonderful gift of every kind of candy
5. And people invite them into their bright and warm homes
6. So they can pick their favorite treats.
7. Kids are at the center of everything,
8. And their pleasure in receiving bits of candy
9. Reminds us it doesn't take much to be happy, to feel good.
10. Everyone laughs.
11. Halloween is a feast of the imagination,
12. So there is no reason or need to opt out of the fun.
Best of all,
13. Being outside with everyone else in the world under the stars and in the dark reminds us the spirit of the world is vast, mysterious, and wonderful--and nobody is left out.